March Board Meeting
VRCF Board Meeting – Feb 18, 2020
Dean Gary’s house - members and guests present ~6
No financial report, treasurer not present
Checking - $
Savings - $
TOTAL - $
Discussed Field Improvements list – Zeroed in on two main items for 2020 field maintenance.
• Gravel for the drive and parking.
• Painting of shelter cement
Also discussed that some leveling of ruts on the north end of the field is in order.
Confirmed that our first Fun Fly of the season will be Saturday, June 6.
Other discussion regarding the annual Fun Fly on August 1, 2020.
• Go back to traditional pilot stations. Some found the fence too confining (too high) and also hard to drag items out to starting area. We will need to emphasize safety, maybe designate a starting area to the east of the pits.
• Extra Porta Potty was deemed a very helpful success and we should repeat it.
• Mark P is already working on prizes, has some commitments.
• We considered if we should have vendors there like they did at the GF indoor.
o Bruce Pennington – Horizon Hobby dealer
• Considered other food options for the Saturday night meal. Steak or catering. Could be a few dollars more but many people seem to like this type of thing. Chicken from Hornbacher’s is a good fall back.
• 1-day vs. 2-day. Some like to camp and fly longer. They already can but the energy of the Saturday crowd is not there on Sunday. Maybe just encourage more Friday and Sunday attendance in our advertising.
Club Build of Gee Bee Y in honor of Florence Klingensmith in progressing, mostly on Sunday afternoons. We need to ask for donations or club financial support. Also bring some of it to the club meetings to get more participation and excitement.
Club meetings – March meeting will feature Dave Tsen’s jets and EDF talk. Also club build and any member winter projects.
Misc: Improvement list
<Please see the attachment for a list of improvement items.>